cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8941 & URI Dialing

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I can't see how to dial a SIP URI on a 8941 with the SIP protocol stack.

The documentation for the 8941 handset says it supports SIP URI dialing in both SIP & SCCP.

Yet I've found BugID CSCuu84243 which kind of suggests that these phones don't support URI dialing :-/

Do the 8941 support URI dialing or not?

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
9 Replies 9

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure, but did you check dialing URI using speed dial button?

- Vivek

I can create a SD button with a URI on it, and that appears to work OK. But I don't get the "ABC" softkey to enter a URI on the phone.

GTG

I doubt if any hardphone supports URI dialing straight away from dialpad. Jabber should be the only option to dial it without needing speed dial buttons.

- Vivek

No, that's wrong, some endpoints like the 9971 do have an ABC softkey to dial URIs, i believe that only the 8961 from those series supports the ABC softkey.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

JaVa,

Thanks for updating us [+5].

- Vivek

The 9951, 9971 and 8851 all support ABC dialling from the keypad.

GTG

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I gues when they say 

"The documentation for the 8941 handset says it supports SIP URI dialing in both SIP & SCCP.

That doesnt mean you can actually punch URI's in from the phone's keypad. I have found it works flawlessly when dialing URI's from jabber, using CTI deskphone control. (on the 8941's as well)

Let's face it who wants to sit and dial james.bond@mi5.gov.uk  through a keypad?!

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Let's face it who wants to sit and dial james.bond@mi5.gov.uk  through a keypad?!

It's actually not too hard to dial that from a keypad. Entering digits, when in URI dialing mode, however, feels like hard work!

GTG

yeah I hear ya, just having a bit of fun.  I typically just paste the URI into Jabber and with CTI deskphone Control Bob's your uncle.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.