cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

911 calls are going to a different PSAP that the one in Local

sgudipalli
Level 1
Level 1

I have calls coming in/going out from/to Avaya PBX which is connected to CUCM, All the avaya extension could reach the local PSAP when dialed 911, but when the extensions on the CUCM dial 911 they go to a different PSAP other than the one local. I have checked the route pattern and route groups on the call manager they seem to be good, but I am really not sure how to trace the calls going out from the call manager.

11 Replies 11

HI Brandon,

I did a DNA and below are the results. Couldnt figure anything out from that.

Calling Party Information
Calling Party = 1060
Partition = BusinessHrs1_PT1:BusinessHrs2_PT2:BusinessHrs3_PT3:GBL-BLK-INT-PT:GBL-BLK-LD-PT:GBL-BLK-LOCAL-PT
Device CSS =
Line CSS = GBL-INTERNAL-CSS
AAR Group Name =
AAR CSS =
Dialed Digits = 911
Match Result = BlockThisPattern
Route Block Cause = Unallocated Number
Called Party Number =
Matched Pattern Information
Pattern =
Partition =
Pattern Type =
Time Zone =
Outside Dial Tone = NO
Call Flow
Note: Information Not Available
Alternate Matches
Note: Information Not Available

Looks like the call is being blocked. Does the CSS assigned to this phone have access to the partition assigned to the 911 route pattern?

Brandon

Yes, It is supposed to....I have a DNA from a different extension.

Calling Party Information
Calling Party = 1248
Partition = BusinessHrs1_PT1:BusinessHrs2_PT2:BusinessHrs3_PT3:GBL-BLK-INT-PT:GBL-BLK-LD-PT:GBL-BLK-LOCAL-PT
Device CSS =
Line CSS = GBL-INTERNAL-CSS
AAR Group Name =
AAR CSS =
Dialed Digits = 9911
Match Result = BlockThisPattern
Route Block Cause = Call Rejected
Matched Pattern Information
Pattern = 9.@
Partition = GBL-BLK-LOCAL-PT
Time Schedule =
Called Party Number = 9911
Time Zone = Etc/GMT
End Device = UNH-LocalLDINT-RL
Call Classification =
InterDigit Timeout = NO
Device Override = Disabled
Outside Dial Tone = NO

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

911 calls are routed based on CLID, so make sure the caller ID of the calls from Avaya phones are the same as your Cisco phones, or at least within the same DID range.

What is the PSTN facing trunk type, SIP/PRI/etc?

Thank you so uch for the response, The PSTN facing trunk is a SIP trunk.

Do you have a Cisco Emergency Responder (CER) in your environment? You would have to check whether the IP subnet of Cisco IP Phones is mapped to the correct ERL , only then the 911 call will be routed to correct gateway and then reach the correct PSAP

No, I do not have a CER.

You have few options, simplest one is check with SIP provider if E911 feature is enabled on the trunk and if so send 911 calls with local caller ID, however sounds like that is what you are doing and it's not working, so make sure E911 gets enabled on the SIP trunk as otherwise with SIP trunk there is no way to identify which location to send the 911 calls from various remote sites.

If you need to comply with specific state E911 law implement Cisco Emergency Responder or 3rd party such as RedSky solution for tracking devices and sending calls out with appropriate ELIN (911 DID), with CER you will still need E911 feature enabled on the SIP trunk though.

I did try to get in touch with my carrier regarding this, will get back to you as soon as I get a reply from them...

They are on different DID range...
The phones on Avaya have 3000 extensions and the phones on CUCM are 5000 extension.