cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9951 Firmware upgrade issues

paulmciver
Level 1
Level 1

All of a sudden a few phones are now seeming to have reset issues when connected to our development call manager 10.0.1

A few people have access to mess around with this but so far all that I have asked have told me they have changed "nothing" but I take this with a pinch of salt!

If I connect the phone I am testing with 9951, to another CM, although it doesn't reset every 20 seconds it still shows upgrade failed.

RegistrationRegistered with Cisco Unified Communications Manager MultiCluster03
IP Address172.21.233.42
Active Load IDsip9951.9-0-0FCE1-5dev
Inactive Load IDsip9951.9-0-0FCA5-4dev
Download StatusFailed
Requested Load IDsip9951.9-2-4-19
Download Server0.0.0.0
Inactive Load Failure ReasonInternal Phone Error

the above is when connected to an 8.6.2 call manager and as you can see, the active and inactive loads are all older than the requested as I know trying to downgrade can sometimes be an issue.  I'm not sure if it's related but unfortunately I cannot browse to the phones IP to view the console logs which is pretty irritating.

Has anyone seen this and have any idea's on how to troubleshoot this further?

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try clearing the ITL file under Admin Settings > Security. The phone should reboot, download a new ITL from the dev cluster. Also run 'show itl' (going from memory but that's close) to verify the ITL is intact on the cluster.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

I reset all settings yesterday which I believe clears ITL, If I do look in Security on the phone it doesnt show any ITL at all, the command is spot on and the cluster does show as having an ITL file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: