cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9951 won't connect bluetooth headset that worked before

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 9951 IP phone and a Plantronics Voyager bluetooth headset.  When I first got the headset, the 9951 paired to it first time and worked great.  Last week all of a sudden I had trouble with communication between the headset and the phone.  Resetting both didn't seem to help so I thought I'd remove the headset from the phone and re-pair it.  Now the 9951 won't complete the pair.  If I search for devices the Voyager is displayed, I select Connect and the headset tells me the pairing has completed, but the 9951 just sits there saying Connecting, progress animation whirling round and never does anything else.  I've tried resetting the phone, turning bluetooth on and off to no avail.  Headset works fine with HTC mobile and PC bluetooth dongle.  Any suggestions how I can get 9951 to behave?

3 Replies 3

mshavrov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Make sure your headset is not paired with some other devices. For example, with your cell phone. Most headsets are capable to pair with one deveice at the time, so, you may need to disable your Bluetooth on your cell phone (or, for example, your PC), and then try to pair with Cisco 9951.

Sincerely,

Michael / CCNP, CCSP, CCVP, CCDP

www.headsetadapter.com / Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

The headset was paired with a number of other devices before this problem occurred and it worked with the 9951 without any issue.  As mentioned in my original post, the headset tells me that it has paired successfully, it is the 9951 IP phone that sits there and does not complete the process.

I've just checked for newer firmware for the 9951 and upgraded the device from sip9951.9-3-2-10 to sip9951.9-3-2SR1-1 and have now managed to connect my bluetooth headset again successfully, so either there's a bug in sip9951.9-3-2-10 or the upgrade has simply reset whatever was preventing the phone form connecting before.