cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 SIP phone and VPN client

tonypearce1
Level 3
Level 3

Does anyone have a 9971 which has the VPN client enabled? Could you possibly post the xml config (a sanitised version) so that I can see how to enable the client on my 9971 in my lab?

I have CUCME and cannot find any documentation on how to enable the VPN functionality for this SIP only phone. I have also posted another question but people seem to think this Cisco 9971 is SCCP like the 79xx phones but this is not. Therefore, the CUCME configuration for VPN is different and does not seem to apply to the SIP only phones.

I also am unsure if I need to buy a security license for my CUCME router. I assumed I did not since the VPN will terminate on another device..

This would be a lot easier if I could find any Cisco documentation on the setup. However all I can find relates to CUCM and not CUCME.

Thanks in advance

9 Replies 9

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

This appears to be the pertinent bit:

https://XXXX/sslvpn

XXXXXX

Which is within the top level element.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Thank you Gordon!

I'll modify my XML and see what happens on the phones. I'll post back with updates soon.

Cisco:: Could you post where I can find configuration guides for 9971 and VPN specifically?

With that config in the xml, I still could not get the VPN client to appear on the phone.

I am sorry if I just cannot find it, but if there is no documentation on these devices pertaining to this then how are we supposed to know how?

:/

You do know that the VPN option only comes up when the phone can't talk to the server(s) it's supposed to be registering to...?

GTG

No I did not. I havent seen any documentation to explain that, so thank you. 

I'll add the port to a layer 2 VLAN this evening and see what happens.

Hi Gordon. So I prevented access to the CUCME but the phone just doesnt register. No VPN option anywhere on the device.

Sorry, I'm out. I've only configured the VPN stuff via CUCM.

GTG

Appreciate the help.

I'll probably fire up a virtual CUCM so I can configure the VPN and obtain the config. Then revert back to my CUCME gateway. A lot of work though

are you able to see VPN option ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: