Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Codes for call control in SX20

csrlima
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Does anybody knows if it's possible to use acess  codes for call control in in Cisco Codec Sx20 , like we did with mxp ( 95mxp for example) ?

It's any way to create a user or something like that , that permit doing external call from remote control using only the phonebook?

I know that we can crate a ping to prevent acess to administrator settings in the remote , but it does not prohibitthat someone change the ntp , or the language, or make calls to undesired external numbers.

Best Regards

3 Replies 3

Enrico Conedera
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello -

It seems like you have three questions:

1) SX20 (and all TC-software endpoints like MX / EX / C Series) do not have the ability to use Billing Codes like the MXP does.  The MXP verifies the codes against TMS.  However, the intent for C Series is to use Cisco Unified Communications Manager "Client Matter Codes".  This requires features to be added to the endpoints.  We do not have a commitment for this in software development at this time.

2) We have had other requests to allow for dialing from a phonebook only.  So this is being considered at this time as a possible enhancement.

3) You are correct that you can easily set a PIN to limit access to the Administrator Settings menus.  The designers have purposely allowed a small subset of tasks that a user can accomplish without Administrator access.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the responses. For me is good enough at this time , it should be good that the feature in point 2 was available . And I cant register the endpoint in any call manager at this time to be able to use the client matter codes.

Best Regards.

As far making calls to undesirable numbers couldn't you block them on CUCM from a CSS/PT standpoint. That should prevent the EP from making a call

Srini