cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Activation code for Webex Calling produces an "Internal server error" on IP Phone 8841

Shaun Bender
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have an 8841 IP Phone that is(was) connected to Webex Calling. Several months the phone was working without issues. Suddenly the phone goes into Registering. Never registers back onto Webex Calling. The phone is reset to defaults, device was removed from Webex Calling. Now when trying an activation code, it instantly says "Internal server error", I try the code again it asks for a valid Activation code. A few minutes later I get an email from Webex saying a phone was added to my User. However, the phone does not get added. Nor does it accept a new activation code without saying "Internal server error". I have a TAC case open however, nothing is going on with it. I'm curious if anyone else has ran into this issue? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shaun Bender
Level 4
Level 4

OK .. this one was odd ... TAC suggested reloading the firmware on the phone .... and that resolved the issue. Very odd. However, back to normal operation now. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Shaun Bender
Level 4
Level 4

OK .. this one was odd ... TAC suggested reloading the firmware on the phone .... and that resolved the issue. Very odd. However, back to normal operation now.