Views
Helpful
Replies

activation license

akram.root
Level 4
Level 4

hello 

I installed  a CUCM server with presence 10.5, and I applied for licenses CUCM,I unable to apply for licenses presence server.

Can you help me,how to activate the license for presence.

thank you

1 Reply 1

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi akram,

Please refer the link which says

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/configAdminGuide/10_5_1/CUP0_BK_CE43108E_00_config-admin-guide-imp-105/CUP0_BK_CE43108E_00_config-admin-guide-imp-105_chapter_010.html

User License Requirements

IM and Availability functionality does not require a node license or software version license. However, you must assign IM and Availability functionality to each IM and Presence Service user.

You can assign IM and Availability on a per user basis, regardless of the number of clients you associate with each user. When you assign IM and Availability to a user, this enables the user to send and receive IMs and also to send and receive availability updates. If the user is not enabled for IM and Availability, no availability updates are allowed for that user.

You can enable a user for IM and Presence Service functionality in the End User Configuration window in Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

IM and Availability functionality is included within both User Connect Licensing (UCL) and Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing (CUWL).

regds,

aman