Views
Helpful
Replies

Ad hoc conference

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hi everybody
Have a marvellous christmas holidays!!!!!
I have a question about Call Manager Express...and audio conferences.
I used to have SCCP ip phone and use meetme conferencing.
I have now Sip phone 8841. No SCCP firmware available for them. Does the hardware conference ad-hoc is the solution with my CME isr 4351? 16 party conferences? How many room simultaneously with my PVDM 3-64?
Do you have any configuration example?
I want more than 3-party conferences.
Thanks for your help.
Best Regards :smiley:

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Indeed, CME Admin Guide is well kept up to date, here is link to conferencing chapter:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmeconf.html

Merry Christmas!

Chris

View solution in original post

M02@rt37  because media resources such as conference bridge still  utilize SCCP protocol to communicate with CME. This is also the same case for CUCM deployment where you can have pure SIP deployment yet you'd need SCCP to register media devices.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CME config guide has all you need to configure conferencing, how many sessions will depend on what codecs you use. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You mean CME admin guide?

Best regards

Indeed, CME Admin Guide is well kept up to date, here is link to conferencing chapter:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmeconf.html

Merry Christmas!

Chris

@Jaime Valencia 

@Chris Deren 

Why I have to configure telephony-services whereas I have only Sip phone then I need only voice register global menu...why telephony-services is mandatory for SIP environment also?

With my SIP phone, I will need ephone-dn with ad hoc conference configured inside?

Thanks guys and merry christmas.

Best regards

M02@rt37  because media resources such as conference bridge still  utilize SCCP protocol to communicate with CME. This is also the same case for CUCM deployment where you can have pure SIP deployment yet you'd need SCCP to register media devices.

Thanks Chris
Your explication is better than send me back to a Link to a Well-known documentation. All is not Written and your knwoledge help me better.
Some people have to understand and share their knowledge instead of documention's link.
Tks again Chris.
Best regards