Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add prefix digit in cucm 10.5

Hi All,

i already integrate avaya system to Cucm with sip trunks.

and already have good connection and communication,

avaya have 611 1234 call to cucm 647 4321 and output in cucm phone 1234.

cucm system have full number 60 647 4321

i want to make the output 60 611 1234.

can you guys help me?

Thanks

thanks

8 Replies 8

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I understand well your request, under CUCM trunk configuration, you could use Prefix DN = 60 in the Inbound Calls section. Careful, as that would prefix all calls coming from the Avaya; eg. that could be an issue if you use this trunk to reach PSTN.

Otherwise, you could use translation-patterns and prefix only when the specific pattern is matched.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

hi george,

i dit it, but still 4 digit come out.

any suggestion.

thanks

Please describe the exact call flow (devices/protocols involved), calling/called numbers and where exactly you applied the translation mechanism.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

In my case the call flow is the following: Cisco phone > UCM > SIP TRunk > ITSP (there is not CUBE neither Gateway).

The output of the UCM is 7XXX and the ITSP needs the full number 1887XXX, so UCM has to add the prefix 188. I´m looking for it, but I haven´t found any solution yet.

Any idea about it?

Not sure if this is for calling or called number but if you have a route pattern for 7XXX, you can add prefix using the Called Party or Calling Party Transformation on the RP itself.
If your outgoing calls use a TP as well, both of those options are present there as well. You can also make the change on the route list or on the SIP trunk itself.
So effectively there are several places to accommodate this change. It depends upon which one you prefer to use.

Thanks Nipun, but the SIP Trunk only has the Prefix DN option for inbound calls.

If you go to the specific RP, the Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls) option only changes the calling numbers.

Any another idea?

On the SIP trunk would have a Called party transformation CSS which makes use of the called party transformation pattern to make changes. I never said that there is a prefix digit option specifically on the SIP trunk.

On the RP there should be a Calling Party Transformation and a Called Party Transformation. Both of them should have a Prefix Digits option.

Look up CUCM config and admin guides.

Good!...

It worked properly when I set the Called Party Transformation on RP.

Thank you very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: