cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding 2nd PRI in the H323 gateway - help..

shabeebmohammed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

This is my scenario,

We have CUCM 6 installed and running smoothly since last 3 years or so. They have 1 PRI line (100 number block) in the range YYYYY1XX. (everything is working perfectly).. Now they add another 2nd PRI line (100 number block) to this setup, YYYYY6XX.

The configurations is as below -

CUCM

RP, RL, RG, Partition and CSS all configured properly pointing to the H323 Gateway.

H323 VGW

dial-peer voice 20 pots              ----------------------------> 1st PRI dial-peer

destination-pattern [0-9]T

fax rate disable

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 30 pots               ----------------------------> 2nd PRI dial-peer        

preference 1

fax rate disable

direct-inward-dial

port 0/1/0:15

forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 50 voip

destination-pattern [16]..

modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw

session target ipv4:10.10.10.10

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

fax rate disable

no vad

The Problem:

I have configured 2 phones (testing purposes) - numbers are 150 & 650 -

Incoming Call to 150 - OK

Incoming Call to 650 - OK

Outgoing Call from 150 - the destination phone displays sometimes YYYYY150 and the other times YYYYY600 (pilot number of 2nd PRI)

Outgoing Call from 650 - the destination phone displays sometimes  YYYYY650 and the other times YYYYY100 (pilot number of 1st PRI)

This means that if the first dial-peer is busy, it goes through the second dial-peer.. (thats how i have configured it rite now)

What has to be done so that the respective calls go through the respective PRI lines, and eventually the destination phone displays the correct calling number all the time??

Waiting for your responses.

Thanks a lot

Shabeeb Mohammed

5 Replies 5

venparaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is both the lines are connected to the same office or in any branch offices? If both of them are connected to the same office, ask them to bundle the new pri line to the existing number group itself. so no caller id problem will not be there. otherwise as for my understanding the TSP will send the pilot number as a caller id if the calling number is not in the same number group range. 

Regards,

Venkatesan A.

Hi,

The line are connected in the same office. and its in  the same VGW, just 2 different ports.. Im pushing the client to talk to  the TSP and bundeling the blocks. I wanted to know a workaround for this  scenario without talking to the TSP.

Please let me know if its possible..

Regards

Shabeeb Mohammed

Arun Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

Use translation rules on the voice port

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^YYYYY6\(..$\)/ /1\1/ -- on the fisrt PRI voice port (Where DID is YYYYY100)

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^YYYYY1\(..$\)/ /6\1/ -- on the second PRI voice port (Where DID is YYYYY600)

assuming you're supposed to send last 3 digits to telco for the callerID

Also its possible to match the calling number using an answer-address on dial peer and apply translation rule

to select specific PRI

Sharon Tom
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

recive the call on specific incoming dial-peer using answer address

eg

dial-peer voice 1 voip

answer address .....1..

dial-peer voice 2 voip

answer address .....6..

and then apply cor on the dial-peers to select the outgoing dial-peer

dial-peer voice 20 pots              ----------------------------> 1st PRI dial-peer

fax rate disable

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 30 pots               ----------------------------> 2nd PRI dial-peer        

preference 1

fax rate disable

direct-inward-dial

port 0/1/0:15

forward-digits all

Arun Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

If both the PRI's are from the same Telco, you may need to request them to allow DID sharing over the 2 PRI's

If not, then i think its better to route the calls via pecific PRI. Configs as follows

dial peer voice 100 voip
answer−address 1XX -- should match the DN configured on Ipphone
translation−profile incoming PRI1

dial peer voice 200 voip
answer−address 6XX
translation−profile incoming PRI2

voice translation−rule 1
rule 1 /^9/ /19/               < ------- assuming the PTSN access code is 9, if you're using discard digits on CCM - change it to none

voice translation−rule 2
rule 1 /^9/ /29/

voice translation−profile PRI1
translate called 1

voice translation−profile PRI2
translate called 2

Change the destination-pattern on outgoing dial peer
to 19T & 29T