cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding directory numbers from Active Directory users doesn't work

Kai Onken
Level 1
Level 1

When I press "Full Sync" at LDAP Directory all user including  firstname, givenname, telephone number, will be added correctly to the  "End users", but the 

telephone number is not added to the "Directory numbers".

Has anybody an idea why?

Kind regades

Kai

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In your directory synchronization which attribute are you using for telephone number, you can either use telephoneNumber ot ipPhone attribute, make sure you are using the one you desire.

HTH,

Chris

avinsrid
Level 1
Level 1

Telephonenumber field is not added as a directory number. It will appear on the telephone number field of imported end user.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Regards, Avinash

Hello,

currently I use telephoneNumber, but I haven't tried ipphone yet. So, will the number be added when I use ipphone?

Kind regards

Kai

Which field is populated in AD with the actaul phone number?

Which one do you want to use?

Which one is selected on the integration?

Chris

Hello Chris,

currently is this configured:

Which field is populated in AD with the actaul phone number?

--> telephoneNumber

Which one do you want to use?

--> I want to use the telephoneNumber filed

Which one is selected on the integration?

--> telephoneNumber = telephoneNumber

But I doen't work...And I've no idea why...

Kind regards

Kai

Kai,

Whatever you do, when we import the field from AD, I believe this will never get associated automatically with a phone's DN.

Regards, Avinash

Hello Avinash,

thank for your replay, but I can't belive, that I've to add e.g. for our company 10000 DN's by hand.

Kind regards

Kai

Sure the telephoneNumber is suppose to be pulled from AD, you should not be doing anything manually, in fact you cannot as the fileld is read only.  You need to look at your Dirsync logs for clues. I have done the exact same integrations many times and never ran into and issue, perhaps you can post your integration details, sample user config in AD and how the user is defined as end user.

HTH,

Chris

Hello Chris,

I checked everything an I wasn't able to find anything. I've setup a second CUCM and a second AD in a lab enviroment and there I've excatly the same problem... I don't know why. When I've a look at my sync End User I can see the DN, which I've assigned at the AD, but I can't find it in Directory Numbers....

That's so confusing....

Kind regards

Kai

Kai,

Cisco provides BAT tool to implement this functionality with ease

Regards,
Avinash

Regards, Avinash
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: