Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding more licenses on CUCM v9 BE6M-M5-K9

samuelogalli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Our client has purchase additional license for additional Cisco ip phones on cisco (BE6M-M5-K9) running code v9. how do i add this license (product number FLEX-NUPL-E) to the on premise server for additional phones license? thank you

5 Replies 5

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @samuelogalli,

CUCM v9 is no longer available. Can you confirm what version of CUCM you are running? 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi 

Sorry about that, it is running Ver 12.5 

Confirm that you selected 12.0 or newer as the software version on the CCW deal ID so that Smart Licensing SKUs are used and then look at the customer smart and virtual account. CUCM need to be registered to the same virtual account. If it got dropped in the wrong virtual account you will need to reassign the licenses in CSSM.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @samuelogalli,

If CUCM has internet access then you can use below guide to register CUCM with Cisco Smart Account directly:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/212915-configure-cucm-smart-licensing-direct.html

If it is not possible to give internet access to CUCM servers then you can follow below guide to register it with Cisco SSM: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/212883-cucm-smart-licensing-mediated-model.html

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi Thanks for your input. i have have gone through the documentation. once i download a token and Under

System > Licensing > License Management > View/Edit the Licensing Smart Call Home settings and then Verify Direct is selected and Production CSSM URL is updated. i am getting this attached error once i try to upload the token. Please see attached.