cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding numbers outside the network to KEM

HostedTrainer
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering if it is possible to add numbers outside of the customer's network to the Key Expansion Module BLFs as a Speed Dial. I kept seeing conflicting information regarding this. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From my understanding, we have to acquire the number from Frontier or whoever owns the number before we put it on the switch and provision

That sounds more like what you'd need to do if you want calls to that number to route into your site.  From your first post it doesn't sound like that's what you want.  I assumed that you want buttons on the KEM to simply dial specific external PSTN numbers.  That should be straightforward. 

On our system here you can just add the desired number exactly as it would be normally dialled (in our case with prefix of 9) into the Destination field, and change the Directory Number to "<none>".

It may be version or platform specific so if that doesn't work you would need to change the phone button template to make these button's Speed Dials instead of Speed Dial BLF.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM?? CME?? version??

Are you talking about PSTN numbers??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am using Broadsoft. Yes, I would like to know if it is possible to add PSTN numbers as speed dials to the KEM. Phone model 8851. I am not sure about CUCM version. I just started in this career field. I just need to know if it is possible on any version. On Yealink T48g, users can manually add speed dials in place of the BLF from their phone and I know it is not that simple for Cisco as it has to be done administratively. From my understanding, we have to acquire the number from Frontier or whoever owns the number before we put it on the switch and provision. It just doesn't seem right that there is no way to do this when it is so simple to achieve on a device from Cisco's competitors. 

From my understanding, we have to acquire the number from Frontier or whoever owns the number before we put it on the switch and provision

That sounds more like what you'd need to do if you want calls to that number to route into your site.  From your first post it doesn't sound like that's what you want.  I assumed that you want buttons on the KEM to simply dial specific external PSTN numbers.  That should be straightforward. 

On our system here you can just add the desired number exactly as it would be normally dialled (in our case with prefix of 9) into the Destination field, and change the Directory Number to "<none>".

It may be version or platform specific so if that doesn't work you would need to change the phone button template to make these button's Speed Dials instead of Speed Dial BLF.