cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ading new DDIs to CUCM

D@1984
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to add a new range to an existing gateway ( MGCP) registered to CUCM.

I've added new devices, and for their directory numbers, I choose the last 4 digits of numbers ( for example for :0207 123 43xxx  extension number 3xxx). What I'm not sure is  How should I configure CUCM to route the incoming calls to extensions?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jinto Alakkal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David,

If you already have the MGCP gateway setup with last 4 digits of your DID and extensions are exactly configured as those last 4 digits you don't have to do anything, for example your DID is 516 XXX 1111 and you have MGCP gateway setup to allow 4 digits and you have a directory number configured as 1111 you don't have to do anything to route those calls, you only have to make sure that the MGCP gateways CSS have access to the partition of directory number 1111.

Another example will be lets say you have 516 XXX 2222 as the DID but you want to route it to 1111 and you allowed 4 digits on your MGCP gateway then you need a translation pattern to convert 1111 to 2222. Hope this answers your question

Thanks!

Jinto.

View solution in original post

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
With MGCP, gateway translations do not take affect till the endpoint is under CCM control or backhauled. All your translations/transformations would need to be on the CUCM.
You can set the significant digits or create translation profiles. With significant digit, ensure the inbound CSS has the partitions of the DNs. With TP, ensure the inbound CSS has the TP partition and the TP CSS has the partitions for the phone DNs.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jinto Alakkal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David,

If you already have the MGCP gateway setup with last 4 digits of your DID and extensions are exactly configured as those last 4 digits you don't have to do anything, for example your DID is 516 XXX 1111 and you have MGCP gateway setup to allow 4 digits and you have a directory number configured as 1111 you don't have to do anything to route those calls, you only have to make sure that the MGCP gateways CSS have access to the partition of directory number 1111.

Another example will be lets say you have 516 XXX 2222 as the DID but you want to route it to 1111 and you allowed 4 digits on your MGCP gateway then you need a translation pattern to convert 1111 to 2222. Hope this answers your question

Thanks!

Jinto.

thanks for your reply, so does it mean I only need to make sure significant digits is 4 on gateway setting in cucm, or do I still need do do some configuration on gateway itself?

Thanks

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
With MGCP, gateway translations do not take affect till the endpoint is under CCM control or backhauled. All your translations/transformations would need to be on the CUCM.
You can set the significant digits or create translation profiles. With significant digit, ensure the inbound CSS has the partitions of the DNs. With TP, ensure the inbound CSS has the TP partition and the TP CSS has the partitions for the phone DNs.

ryanticer
Level 1
Level 1

Couple of options, but to be future proof, I recommend setting inbound CSS to point to a partition of translation patterns to handle DID/DDI routing.

An example translation pattern in your case would be something like:

Pattern: 02071234.3XXX

CSS: <Internal CSS with extensions only>

Digit Strip: PreDot

Ryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: