cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Admin Password for 3PCC/MPP Firmware Phones AFTER it registers to Webex Calling

jriacono5
Level 1
Level 1

Please do not say it should be blank. That does not work. I need to get into admin advanced but cannot figure out what the password is supposed to be. 

23 Replies 23

I spoke with TAC last night. They don't give out the admin password. Once a phone registers with webex calling, you only have access to the user account.

Thanks

This thread might be over 3 years old, but this is still a problem today. 

As others have mentioned the password is set by the administrator of the Webex Calling platform. You need to reach out to them to get the password, if they will hand it out is another story in itself.

Response Signature

But where in Control Hub is that set, been looking around and cannot find it anywhere!

Have you read the text in the "accepted solution"?

Yes, I read that text. I would not be asking TAC to give me the password, I am wondering where in Control Hub that password is set or controlled. I am the Admin for our Control Hub instance and i cannot locate where that password is set. On update.cisco.com it just advises the user to remove the phone from control hub, factory reset it, then you can access that page. Seems like knowing where the password is in control hub would save a lot of effort.

Obviously you didn't read the text or you don't understand it. It doesn't state anything about setting the password somewhere in control hub:
"I spoke with TAC last night. They don't give out the admin password. Once a phone registers with webex calling, you only have access to the user account."

But for slow starters:

• There is no setting in control hub to set the admin password for the phones.
  • Only Cisco has access as admin on the phones.

@wpenrod Is that clear enough now?

Yes, that is clear enough. of course it would be nice if Cisco could get the error messages and documentation to line up. Specifically when trying to log in and you are directed to talk to your system administrator. Why not just post a message that access is denied or open a TAC case for access or something that makes more sense. I will just follow the process of deleting and resetting the phone which seems to work ok although one of my 8851's did not come back and will no longer boot up. Thanks for the sarcasm and information, pretty sure I got it now.