cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Advice on Call Hunting

ERRIN MILLER
Level 1
Level 1

I have a group of numbers 33379XX.  I need to send these calls to a PBX via a gateway.  If for any reason they cannot go to the gateway, they need to go to IP phones with identical extensions.  So if 3337901 doesn't make it through to the GW, I want it to ring an IP phone.  3337905, same thing.

Can someone provide suggestions on the best way to do this?  Should I put a route pattern in one partition and the phone DNs in a different partition?  Use Hunt Pilots?  I try to keep the partitions to a minimum.

UCM 8.  MGCP gateways.  7965 SCCP phones.

Thanks all.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are several issues here.

There is no failover from a call once it has been extended to a GW, you cannot take it back and route it to a phone. Simply not possible.

Using the same DN in a RP and in a phone means that they will only be able to reach one at any given time as the order from the partitions will be used for equally good matches.

A line group can only contain phone DNs, so it won't route to a route pattern. You cannot set call forward settings as they're ignored for calls that arrive via a HP.

The only possible way I can think of doing this is to hairpinn the call in the GW, but you need to use H323 in order to do this with dial-peers.

Configure the preference 1 pointing to the PBX, preference 2 point back to CUCM.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Maybe my original statement was unclear.  I'm not trying to take a call BACK from a ISDN gateway.  I'm trying to make calls route to the gateways, unless they are down, then they should hunt to the DNs on the phones.

If these were just gateways, it would be very easy.  I'd just set up a route list with a linear hunt to multiple route groups.  I want to do the same thing, but my second "route group" would be phones.

If these were all phones, it would aldo be very easy, because I would create line groups and hunt lists.

I'm not sure if there is an easy way to do "half" gateways and "half" phones.

Hey Erin,

This should be what you are looking for, explains it to the last step

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14629

Regards

Thomas

P.S. Please rate helpful posts

No, there's no half and half method like that.

I understood what you mean.

Once you send the call via a route pattern either it's extended to the GW or tries the RLs/RGs until it succeeds or fails.

It doesn't matter if it really hits the GW or not, you cannot take it back to route it to any other place.

The other possibility would be the other way around, go thru the line group and set the CFNA/CFB from the hunt pilot to something that routes thru the GW.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate