Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternate Contact Numbers - Cisco Unity Connection

chia.jason
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can be kind enough to help me with a couple of simple issue I am having.

I'm using Cisco Unity Connection 7.1.5 with CM 7.1.3.2-2

I am trying to set up so that when a caller listens to a voicemail greeting, he/she has the option of pressing 2 for example to be transfer to an external number (generally mobile).

I have done searches on google and on here but I can't seem to find anything that is so exact. Below is what I found which is close enough.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user/guide/phone/7xcucugphone160.html

A couple of questions from this requirement:

1. Reading the above link, I can't seem to find the option to put in an alternate number as a user. Even the option from the phone interface does not exists. Do I have to enable it somewhere in the administrator account?

2. There's an option in call handlers that I can specific an alternate contact number but it is an ugly configuration so I do need help to set up a proper one if anyone knows how to do it.

3. With number 2, when I put in a mobile phone number (with or without a leading zero to dial out), it goes "wait I will transfer your call" and after 3 seconds, it says "I was unable to dial that number" and goes looping to the call handler again. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Regards,

Telephony Expert Wannabe

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

This is most possible But I've found that the "user" options are

only voiced once the admin has set up a Caller Input key as a first step.

After the user has been setup "once" with a Dial 0 (or any other key) via Caller Input they can

actually edit the numbers themselves going forward. So if you build the Dial Zero - 9 they can control where it goes

from then on

Specifying  keys that transfer to alternate contact numbers for a user, and  optionally specifying the alternate contact numbers. (When an  administrator configures a key to transfer to an alternate contact  number, the user can edit the alternate contact number for the key by  using the Connection personal settings conversation.)

http://www.aboutcisco.biz/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag120.html#wp1052130

About Alternate Contact Numbers

Alternate  contact numbers allow you to offer callers the option to transfer to  other numbers by pressing a key as they listen to your greeting. An  alternate contact number can be the extension for an operator or for  another user (such as a supervisor or coworker), or any other number  where you or another person can be reached.

Your  Cisco Unity Connection administrator determines which keys callers can  press to transfer to alternate contact numbers; you may be able to  specify up to 12 alternate contact numbers (one for each key on the  phone keypad).
Changing Your Alternate Contact Numbers

To  specify an alternate contact number outside your organization, begin  with any access code needed to make an external call (for example, 9).  For long-distance numbers, include the applicable dialing codes (for  example, 1 and the area code).

Tip  When you specify an alternate contact number, you may want to update  your greetings to include the information (for example: "I am away from  my desk right now. Leave a message at the tone, or press 4 to transfer  to another sales representative.").

This  section contains two procedures. Do the applicable procedure, depending  on whether you are using the phone keypad or voice commands.

To Specify an Alternate Contact Number by Using the Phone Keypad

Step 1 Call and log on to Connection.

Step 2 At the Main menu, choose the options Setup Options > Alternate Contact Numbers.

Note  Connection plays the prompt to configure alternate contact numbers only  when one or more keys are configured to transfer to an alternate  contact number.

Step  3 Follow the prompts to specify one or more alternate contact numbers.  The prompts tell you which keys can be used to transfer to alternate  contact numbers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user/guide/phone/7xcucugphone160.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Every fool's got a reason to feelin' sorry for himself" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the delay, it was a long weekend here

If you go to the user(s) and edit/set the Caller Input for 2 (or whatever you choose)

the user will then be offered.

Setup Options

1. Greetings

2. Message Settings

3. Personal Settings

4. Transfer settings

5. **Alternate Contact Numbers** and be able to modify what is set for 2

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

mkchandak
Level 1
Level 1

Option 3 is right and if you hear the message, it shows Unity Connections is trying to route the call. For user specific transfers, this would be the right option.

Have you checked the CSS on the VM ports to confirm it has access to the Router Patterns.

Thanks mkchandak,

Will check the CSS and try figure out that part (hopefully).

Rob,

How do you setup the user with Dial 0 "once". I can't seem to find it anywhere (on the user's option; can only find administrator's option that manually adds the external number). I assume the setup "once" is the thing needed to enable it to have that option?

I have read the link you posted before and Setup Options does not give the option of having an Alternate Contact Numbers in the voice menu as mentioned in the post.

This is what I have on the menu:

Setup Options

1. Greetings

2. Message Settings

3. Personal Settings

1. PIN

2. Recorded Name

3. Directory Listing

*.  Help

4. Transfer Settings

More help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

This is most possible But I've found that the "user" options are

only voiced once the admin has set up a Caller Input key as a first step.

After the user has been setup "once" with a Dial 0 (or any other key) via Caller Input they can

actually edit the numbers themselves going forward. So if you build the Dial Zero - 9 they can control where it goes

from then on

Specifying  keys that transfer to alternate contact numbers for a user, and  optionally specifying the alternate contact numbers. (When an  administrator configures a key to transfer to an alternate contact  number, the user can edit the alternate contact number for the key by  using the Connection personal settings conversation.)

http://www.aboutcisco.biz/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag120.html#wp1052130

About Alternate Contact Numbers

Alternate  contact numbers allow you to offer callers the option to transfer to  other numbers by pressing a key as they listen to your greeting. An  alternate contact number can be the extension for an operator or for  another user (such as a supervisor or coworker), or any other number  where you or another person can be reached.

Your  Cisco Unity Connection administrator determines which keys callers can  press to transfer to alternate contact numbers; you may be able to  specify up to 12 alternate contact numbers (one for each key on the  phone keypad).
Changing Your Alternate Contact Numbers

To  specify an alternate contact number outside your organization, begin  with any access code needed to make an external call (for example, 9).  For long-distance numbers, include the applicable dialing codes (for  example, 1 and the area code).

Tip  When you specify an alternate contact number, you may want to update  your greetings to include the information (for example: "I am away from  my desk right now. Leave a message at the tone, or press 4 to transfer  to another sales representative.").

This  section contains two procedures. Do the applicable procedure, depending  on whether you are using the phone keypad or voice commands.

To Specify an Alternate Contact Number by Using the Phone Keypad

Step 1 Call and log on to Connection.

Step 2 At the Main menu, choose the options Setup Options > Alternate Contact Numbers.

Note  Connection plays the prompt to configure alternate contact numbers only  when one or more keys are configured to transfer to an alternate  contact number.

Step  3 Follow the prompts to specify one or more alternate contact numbers.  The prompts tell you which keys can be used to transfer to alternate  contact numbers.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Not sure if you got a notification of my reply to mkchandak but here is it again.

**How do you setup the user with Dial 0 "once". I can't seem to find it anywhere (on the user's option; can only find administrator's option that manually adds the external number). I assume the setup "once" is the thing needed to enable it to have that option?

I have read the link you posted before and Setup Options does not give the option of having an Alternate Contact Numbers in the voice menu as mentioned in the post.

This is what I have on the menu:

Setup Options

1. Greetings

2. Message Settings

3. Personal Settings

1. PIN

2. Recorded Name

3. Directory Listing

*.  Help

4. Transfer Settings

More help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the delay, it was a long weekend here

If you go to the user(s) and edit/set the Caller Input for 2 (or whatever you choose)

the user will then be offered.

Setup Options

1. Greetings

2. Message Settings

3. Personal Settings

4. Transfer settings

5. **Alternate Contact Numbers** and be able to modify what is set for 2

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

Will try this and post the results here. It sounds like I'm just being a noob.

Kind regards.