cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog door phone to dial phones configuration

Peter Kim
Level 1
Level 1

I have a remote office that I'm trying to setup CME.  Everything works for now except one thing.  There is a analog phone installed on outside of front door for visitors, deliveries, etc.  Trying to setup this phone to ring automatically reception desk and also enable for others to answer the line from their phone when there is no one available in the reception area.  I was thinking of connecting this door phone to one of the FXS ports on the router and configure PLAR to ring reception desk phone.  Any suggestion?  how do I setup other phones to be able to answer/pick up when no one at the reception desk?  Pickup group?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

2227 will be the hunt pilot, don't assign it to a phone.

Try dialing 2227 from a phone to make sure the hunt group is set up correctly.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kkoeper12
Level 3
Level 3

You could PLAR to a separate extension which is set up as a shared line on the receptionists phone as well as other users.

Could also PLAR to a hunt group that rings the receptionist first then rolls to other users.

Thanks for your reply kkoeper12.  I have configured the following.  Did I get this right?  I really can't test it at the moment. Just want to check first.  Thanks.

voice hunt-group 1 sequential
 final 2212
 list 2212,2211,2213,2214,2202,2203,2204,2205
 timeout 30
 pilot 2227

voice-port 0/2/0 ---- this is where I have a analog door phone connected.
 connection plar 2227

ephone-dn  26  dual-line
 number 2227

That should work. Starts with 2212, rings for 30 seconds then rolls to 2211 for 30 seconds, etc.

30 seconds seems like a long time before rolling but it will work.

If you have a problem with connection plar try connection plar opx.

Do I have to assign extension 2227 on one of the phone?  At the moment, I'm getting busy signal from door phone if I lift the handset.  thanks.

2227 will be the hunt pilot, don't assign it to a phone.

Try dialing 2227 from a phone to make sure the hunt group is set up correctly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: