cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anonymous Callers unable to connect on specific DN block

Kelin Webb
Level 1
Level 1

Ran into an interesting issue where any call that's flagged Anonymous cannot connect to a specific block of numbers.
Example:

Block 1 - 555.111.xxxx - Anonymous Calls Work/Allowed (Connect)

Block 2 - 555.222.xxxx - Anonymous Calls Work/Allowed (Connect)

Block 3 - 555.333.xxxx - Anonymous Calls Do Not Work (Fail)

Any of the calls into 555.333.xxxx I cannot see in any of our call logging. Callers get the message "Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later."

If the caller removes the Anonymous Calling by dialing *82.555.333.xxxx then the call will connect.

This is coming to my attention recently, without any changes done to dial-peers or CUCM configurations for roughly a year or two.

We have two Voice Gateways (CUBEs) and both have mirrored dial-peer configurations, we are on AT&T IP Flex; and also have the following configured for SIP:

sip
  header-passing
  error-passthru
  registrar server
  no update-callerid
  early-offer forced
  midcall-signaling passthru
  privacy-policy passthru

2 Replies 2

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The message " your call cannot be complete as dial" indicates that for the dialed number "555......" it did not find any associated Route-Pattern or Route-Pattern without Gateway. Can you check your route patterns ?

Further, you can goto Dial Number Analyzer to re-check which Route-Pattern it is hitting and which gateway.

To access DNA, go to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Serviceability and choose Tools > Dial Number Analyzer

Thanks for your reply Muhammand,

So it's not "Your call cannot be completed as dialed." -- It's "Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later." - A missing route-pattern would also not explain why *82 before calling would work; and I would be seeing no calls reach that specific 555.xxxx block if that were the case. This is only happening when callers have 'Anonymous Calling' flagged on their in-bound call. DNA checks out fine.