cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ANS vs ORG on IOS for Show Call Active Voice Compact- backwards?

ryandowdy
Level 4
Level 4

Why does Ans/Org appear to be in reverse on sh call active voice compact (and others)? I would expect the calling station who originated the call to show as "ORG" and not "ANS" as it shows in the command output below.

Total call-legs:  2

81438 ANS  TO      g729r8          VOIP              P+14085557700   (calling station)

81439 ORG  TO      g711ulaw        VOIP              P816785555555    (called station)

Just curious if anyone knows why this is, or if I am misunderstanding the output? See image as well

Thanks,

Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hey Hi ryandowdy

Total call-legs: 2
81438 ANS TO g729r8 VOIP P+14085557700 (calling station)
81439 ORG TO g711ulaw VOIP P816785555555 (called station)

I assume you are having SIP TRUNKS on both sides of Router as the command output shows VOIP for both call legs.

Assume its CUBE, now think from CUBE perspective;
For 1st call leg, CUBE ANS the incoming call from CUCM to VOICE ROUTER. So treated as ANS to CALLING DEVICE +14085557700
For 2nd call leg, ORG TO (originated to) CALLED STATION 816785555555

This is how I understand... But other side I make sure the call is routed properly is what I always have concerns and also make sure the signaling path is correct from dial-peer voice in-out command output.

While testing from the above command #sh call activ voice compact, I make sure the correct calling and called party # is shown.

Hope that clarifies and helps...

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hey Hi ryandowdy

Total call-legs: 2
81438 ANS TO g729r8 VOIP P+14085557700 (calling station)
81439 ORG TO g711ulaw VOIP P816785555555 (called station)

I assume you are having SIP TRUNKS on both sides of Router as the command output shows VOIP for both call legs.

Assume its CUBE, now think from CUBE perspective;
For 1st call leg, CUBE ANS the incoming call from CUCM to VOICE ROUTER. So treated as ANS to CALLING DEVICE +14085557700
For 2nd call leg, ORG TO (originated to) CALLED STATION 816785555555

This is how I understand... But other side I make sure the call is routed properly is what I always have concerns and also make sure the signaling path is correct from dial-peer voice in-out command output.

While testing from the above command #sh call activ voice compact, I make sure the correct calling and called party # is shown.

Hope that clarifies and helps...

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Thanks, Ritesh. Makes perfect sense if you look at it from the CUBE perspective.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: