cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any impact the MGCP/SCCP by configure backup interface?

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

I'm on the way migration the old 3845 to 4431 ISR and want to configure backup interface to achieve ethernet failover solution. I tested in the LAB that PSTN call via PRI MGCP and hardware conference via SCCP local conference bridge, PRI call and confernece both were survival with just couple seconds silence when pulled the primary interface, and also able to setup new PSTN call and conference using local conference bridge using backup interface.

g0/0/0 is primary interface and associated to the MGCP/SCCP bind command, g0/0/1 is backup interface. My test tells not an issue the MGCP/SCCP behavior when the voice running with g0/0/1 which is backup interface. Any potential issue or considertion when the voice running by backup interface (g0/0/1) which is different from bind (g0/0/0) interface? I don't think an issue but just to double check.

Thanks in advance,

John

2 Replies 2

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi John,

I have not configured this setup, however I did have configured under HSRP.

In my observation, as long as the MGCP and SCCP are bound to an interface that is available after a failover, I am sure it would work just fine.

The best answer would be when you do deploy it, during the deployment, make an actual test and please share with us all the observations.

Secondly, I would not recommend going forward with MGCP GW anymore if any way you can avoid using it, you may want to consider it replaced it with atleast H.323 else SIP GW

HTH

Hi,

I don't think you will have an issue with backup inferface. As long as the mgcp and media resources are registered to cucm during failover, the services should be working well. 

However,  you need to think about configuring SRST since you are considering failover. This is to be used when call manager services aren't available