cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyway to turn off voicemail envelope for secondary line appearance?

flexster74
Level 1
Level 1

Has there been an update to this issue yet? Ive noticed in a couple of other older threads that this "feature" cannot be turned off.

3 Replies 3

Sure.  If you remove the extension from the MWI Extensions in Unity Connection, that should prevent the envelop from ever appearing.  But that isn't a new thing.

Chris

EDIT: Sorry, I just read your other post and realize that you are talking about shared line appearances, not a secondary line appearance.  The only solution I can think of for that is to be very clever (OK, marginally clever) with a broadcast huntgroup.

So here is the deal. I've got an office manager that has secondary line appearances for several other users. We changed out her phone to a 7975 to give her a color displayed phone and now she is complaining about the flashing envelope for those secondary line appearances. I haven't been able to find an answer and Im starting to think there isn't one. The "Visual Message Waiting Indicator Policy" on the DN only works on the MWI and the "YouHaveVoicemail" text prompt. Cant seem to find anything that will shut off the envelope other than setting up the user's voicemail box to only relay the voicemail to email in which case the phone is taken completely out of the equation and the voicemail is sent in an email attachment. This, however, changes the user's voicemail and that's not what we want to do.  

OK, here is how I would set it up:  Saw you have one extension on 3 phones, extension 1000, for example. You take 1000 off all three phones and you give each phone a unique DN, say 1001, 1002, and 1003.  You can even modify the line labels so they still appear as 1000.  Then you setup 1000 as a hunt group pilot, setup with broadcast hunting and 1001, 1002, and 1003 as members.  And the RONA goes to voicemail box 1000, which has 1001 (and 1002 and 1003, if you want them to be able to retreive VM even through they get no notification) as an alternate extension.  And 1001 is listed as the MWI extension.

What they lose is the 'shared line' features; they can no longer see if someone else is on the line and they cannot hold a call from one phone and pick it up on another.  But it still rings on all phones, can be answered on all phones, and only the one(s) you want get the envelop.