Views
Helpful
Replies

Application Dial Rules

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Dear,

I have setup a jabber on android and iphone nd it is working fine, but only the thing i am looking for is when a user lookups his mobile phone directory  and try to call he has to add a digit "9" according to the corporate dial plan which is used for PSTN dialling.

what configuration can be done for such type of situation.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Add application dial rules on CUCM to insert the 9 for you.

Chris

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Add application dial rules on CUCM to insert the 9 for you.

Chris

Dear Chris,

I am running 9.1 so i dont think so i need to install the COP cmterm-csf-dialrule-wizard-0.1.cop.sgn.

Actually i am confuse with understanding how the jabber android,Iphone and W4j will pull the application dial rules from CUCM, can you elaborate more please, i have read server setup guide for 9.6 but still in doubt need to understand more deeper.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It downloads it from tftp when application starts, did you add the application dial rules?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello,

Thanks

It downloads it from tftp when application starts, did you add the application dial rules?

but how the application will come to know that it has to pull from the tftp, i have not specified any dial rule in jabber-config.xml.

No i have not configured yet,

Do i have to specify a (tick) on the application dial rules  on the jabber phone configuration page,

Do i have to install COP cmterm-csf-dialrule-wizard-0.1.cop.sgn. for 9.1 CUCM.

Since you are on version 9.1 you should not need to do anything, simply add the ADR in CUCM and restart the client.

Chris

Thanks chris,

+5 you deserve,

what is difference between Directory lookup dial rule and the application dial rules

Thanks

Dear Chris,

Can you explore the working on Application dial rules and directory dial rules.

Thanks

From Cisco help files:

Directory lookup rules transform caller identification numbers into numbers that can be looked up in the directory. Each rule specifies which numbers to transform based on the beginning digits and length of the number. For example, you can create a directory lookup rule that automatically removes the area code and 2 prefix digits from a 10-digit telephone, which would transform 4085551212 into 51212. If

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console can match the number with a user in the speed-dial entries of the attendant or in the directory, the attendant console displays the name in the Call Detail window.

Application Dial Rules - The administrator uses dial rules configuration to add and sort the priority of dialing rules. Dial rules for applications such as Cisco Unified Communications Manager Assistant automatically strip numbers from or add numbers to telephone numbers that a user dials. For example, the dial rules automatically add the digit 9 in front of a 7-digit telephone number to provide access to an outside line.

For example, in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Assistant, the assistant can perform a directory search from the assistant console. The assistant can drag and drop the directory entry to the My Calls panel on the assistant console, which invokes a call to the number that is listed in the entry. The dial rules apply to the number that is listed in the entry before the call gets made.