Views
Helpful
Replies

Applying multiple moh files based on extension/device pool

rahul14
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

If I wanted to configure music on hold based on branch location or extension, how
could this be applied? I want some branches to continue using default music on hold
while applying new music on hold file to specific extensions. I want to know where to apply the new
moh file to the specific phones. Should the phones be updated in bulk based on device pool?

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can use BAT to assign User and Network MOH audio source. Just do a query based on device pool or a particular DN range in the Bulk Administration tool and apply the required User / Network MOH audio source followed  by reset of the IP phones.

HTH

Manish

Thanks for the response guys..I tested with a couple directory numbers however I am getting intermittent silence- sometimes i hear the new moh and other times it is silence. Any ideas what might  cause this?

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The MOH documentation already addresses your question:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0101100.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate