Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 187 Prefix a 9 automatically

jmhunter
Level 1
Level 1

Hey folks,

Running CUCM BE 5000 w/8.6.2 load. purchased an ATA 187 to support an alarm line for an ADT alarm service.

Is there a way to NOT require an outbound call (from the alarm box) to dial a 9 before dialing the 10 digit number to the alarm company?

Thanks,

James

10 Replies 10

bfollmer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello James,

Have you considered adding a new route pattern specific to the ADT number called from the alarm box?

I thinkyou can copy a local route pattern (assuming it is a local call) and rather than 9.714XXXXXXX (example) - you could add the whole ADT phone number 7141234567 (example) and select "no digits"  in the discard digits called party transform mask??

I did not find anywhere in an ATA set-up that allows you to prefix with a 9.

Yea, if I knew what number the phone line actually attempts to call.  ADT is like every other bureaucracy, can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

you can create a specific route pattern ,partition and css. there is also another option to create translation pattern like 1234, then you translate it to required number and prefix 9.

HTH
Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Aabueideh,

Thanks for the reply back. Could you get a bit more specific on how to go about this?

Thanks,

James

Hi,

kindly create a partition called ATA-P, css called ATA-CSS contains ATA-P. assign the css to the DN associated with ATA.

let us assume your PSTN number you want to dial is 906584842383.

create translation pattern 1234 with partition ATA-P, in called party transformation put number  906584842383 as a called party transform mask.

make sure the translation pattern has the appropriate CSS to dial  906584842383

if you don't want to create translation pattern, you can create a specific route pattern with partition ATA-P without 9

HTH

Anas

Aabueideh,

Thanks for the update.

I created the partition

I created the CSS (and associated the partition to the CSS)

I would not know  what the number being dialed would be.  I just want to set up the line to accept (in our case) the 10 digit number and complete the call.  So, I would assume this falls under the second part of your message to create a route pattern.  Could you elaborate on that part for me of creating the route pattern?

I would not only end up using this for the alarm line mentioned in my first post, but I would then also apply this to my outbound fax lines I have in the building.

Thanks,

James

Hi,

good job, don't forget to rate the helpful post. it will help the community

thanks

Anas

Aabueideh,

Thanks.  I need help on that last part, the route pattern.

Hi,

what kind of help you want. what is your gateway ?

you need to add your voice gateway, create route group, route list and your route pattern.

if you want to use the same dialpeers, you need just to prefix the called number by 9

HTH

Anas

So I have an H323 gateway and I have a SIP trunk for calls.  Below are the steps I have done so far.  The fields with the Questionmarks (?) are where I need assistance.

So, create the following?

rg_ATA

distribution - Top Down

Members -> 10.2.36.20 (h.323 gateway) and st_cube (The SIP member device) ?

Next, the Route List

rl_ATA

Added the Route group previously defined (need assistance on the settings here)

Calling Party Transformations

Use Calling Party's External Phone Number makse: Default

Calling Party Transform Mask: ?

Prefix Digits: ?

Calling Party number type: Cisco CallManger

Calling Party number plan: Cisco CallManager

Called Party Transformations

Discard digits: ?

CAlled Party transform mask: ?

Prefix digits: ?

Called Party number type: Cisco CallManager

Called Party number plan: Cisco CallManager

Now for the Route Patterns.  I'm not sure what I do here.  This is what I have created so far:

Route Pattern:    9.@

Route Partition:  pt_ATA

Numbering Plan: NANP

Route Filter: None

MLPP Precedence: Default

Route Class: Default

Gateway/Route list: rl_ATA

Route Optio: Route this pattern

Call Classification: Offnet

Provide outside dialtone

Everything else is default and/or blank on this page. I have not added anything else yet.

Thanks for the assistance.

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: