Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ata 187 - Setup

Hi,

I am trying to set up my ATA187. I believe I need CUCM, is this available for macs? 

Doesn't this ATA not have a webpage I can use to set up this device? 

Also, I am a home user, Do I need to be a business to download software?

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Whats your use case for ATA 187 ?

What you mean by Macs? is it Apple Mac ?

Doesn't this ATA not have a webpage I can use to set up this device? it has a webpage.

Also, I am a home user, Do I need to be a business to download software? to download cisco software you  need an  account with privileges to download the software. 

Response Signature

I am using it to connect my old (non VOIP) phone to a VOIP service.

Macbook pro, as in Apple OS, correct.

Alternatively, how do I get this set up so I can actually use the device? I do have a windows based work laptop, but it has management, so installing .exe files will be blocked.

Anyone?

Bump

CUCM is a call control platform. if you need to use it with some voip provider , you need to configure it based on the provider requirement through the webpage.

There is no application which can be installed on Mac or windows to make it working. ATA should be registered with a call control platform like CUCM,CME, or any sip provider. 

Response Signature

Great.

So how does one access CUCM or CME?

Do I need a licence as such to even use/configure this **bleep** thing?

Please point me in the right direction as I would like to configure this as soon as, thanks.

Since you are going to use it with a voip provider you dont need a CUCM or CME. regarding how to setup, contact your sip provide and collect all required informations to register this. 

There are a lot of discussion in community how to register a Cisco device with third party  voip providers. 

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: