Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA not registering with CME

mcabral89
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

My name is Matt and I am in need of some assistance.  I have been asked to expand the existing paging system for a company that I help maintain.  Two of the three facilities already have a working paging system.  I have been tasked with adding in the third facility with its own extension. 

I have configured the equipment identically to the other two working devices within Call Manager Express.  I have created the ephone with the correct MAC.  I double and triple checked the MAC to make sure I'm not a complete idiot.  I have created the ephone-dn assigning the unique extension, and i have linked the ephone/ephone-dn with the correct button. 

The ATA is pulling an appropriate IP address and i can ping from CME to the ATA.  However, when i type the command "sh ephone ata", I only see the other two existing ATAs.  I've restarted the ATA multiple times in an attempt to get it to register.  I've looked and compared all my working settings against the settings at the third site and everything is configured exactly the same way.  I don't know what else to look for.  I know i haven't given a lot of specific information.  I just don't know what info I should supply.  I will supply any information that I can, when needed. 

I am novice in every sense of the word when it comes to CME.  I have had to research and just figure out what I've had to do so far.  I never managed to get the web interface for my CME to actually load.  I've done everything thus far from command-line only.  Please be very literal and linear with any suggestions or answers.

Thanks in advance!!

5 Replies 5

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello There,

Can you please show run and show version from CME? what is the ATA model you are using and trying to register ? is this one the same where other two ATA are currently registered .what is firmware loaded on this ATA and other two?

Can you please try collecting the some debug in order to determined why its not getting registered.

Debug tftp events

Debug tftp packet

Debug voice register sess

Debug voice register error

Debug voice register event

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Model is Cisco ATA 186.  All three are the same model and are running the same firmware version.  How do i collect debug information for you? i've uploaded the current config file.  The ATAs are ephone 60-62.  The one that is not working is ephone 62.  I do realize that the call-forwarding settings are different for that ephone, but call forwarding shouldn't be enabled on any of them.  I initially had the call-forwarding settings added, but ended up removing them just to see if it was somehow messing with the device.  I never added them back.

I believe i have found the issue.  I am unable to change SID0 to a value of 1.  It keeps reverting to a value of 0.  I have attempted changing the value through both the web interface as well as the IVR.  Any ideas?

CiscoDOJones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mat,

Not worked with CME, but have experience with CUCM.   I know the ATAs are very problematic.  Have you checked the Cisco website to ensure that the model of ATA and software release is compatible with your version of CME ?

regards

Dave

I have confirmed that all my ATAs are using identical firmware versions, and my switches are all configured identically(thought it might be a vlan issue-it wasn't).