cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA192 Loud Ringer will not work

Mark 1st Class
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ATA192 that works correctly and will ring several handsets (separately or two at once with a splitter) and a loud ringer (Bedlam Siren Caller) that works fine on the UK PSTN socket, but when I connect the loud ringer to the ATA192 it will not ring. 

If I connect the ringer and a regular handset to the ATA via the splitter (the intended configuration), the handset will ring but the ringer does not. REN of the handsets are all around 0.5 and the loud ringer is 1.5, the ATA192 is supposed to support up to REN4.0 per port so it's probably not that. 

Unfortunately the ATA192 was supplied pre-configured by Gamma and locked down (despite it being bought outright, not leased) so I can't easily access the configuration. Gamma has configured one analogue socket on the ATA, the other is inactive. 

My telecom provider has told me that I need to buy the same ringer that I already have as "the Bedlam Siren will definitely work" (no, they didn't read my email and they really ARE that useless, they couldn't even get their own Horizon system to work through our SonicWall and had to use a separate broadband connection). 

Does anyone have any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Jerrytech1
Level 1
Level 1

Ring generator is probably too low. The ATA 192 is configurable as low as 40v and if I'm reading correctly the siren requires at least 60. Maybe the vendor set the voltage too low.

Check the output voltage on the ATA.

That was my thought but the ATA is locked down by the vendor and I haven't managed to get a meter on the output yet. Thanks for the advice though, I'll go find a meter later.