cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console log in

Michael Martin
Level 1
Level 1

I have an CUBAC attendant console (version 8.6) running on a Call Manager 8.5. The primary attendant can log into her console associated to her phone. After hours and at lunch she logs out and another user is supposed to log in. The other user cant log in - she gets an error "‘your extension XXX is out of service’. Is there anywhere that the physical device needs to be associated to the CTI ports or CTI route point or application user or end user? I have other people that have the console app on their computer that can login with their extension number (for testing purposes). What am I missing?

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Application User for CUBAC is supposed to have All Control of All Devices so you don't need to associate individual phones. Typically I see this error when the DN is a shared line across multiple devices. CUBAC has no method to choose a specific device for control and just errors out. Make sure that user's DN appears on only one phone.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Jonathan

Thank you for replying.

The application user that your speaking of which in my case is - AttendConsole - is the same user that is defined in the Attendant Console server under Engineering/CUCM Connectivity correct? If so, that application user does have access to that specific device, and the extension (263) appears on one 7942 and an unused IP communicator. Other devices can log in when the console operator is logged out. The customer only has a license for one operator at a time.

Disassociate the DN from the unused CIPC device and try again. Also, if you look at the group association at the bottom the application user configuration page one of the groups should be allow control of all devices. With this present you do not need to associate the operator phones to the AttendConsole user.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.