Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console or Phone Pop-Up Alert when extension is dialed

Joseph E Spoon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are looking for a way to setup an "silent" emergency notification in attendant console or on the attendants phone if an extension is having an emergency but cannot talk.  The way I envision it working is the person in trouble would hit an extension button on their phone, or dial it if they can and when that extension is called, a notification would come up on the switchboard attendant console or even on their phone if it wouldn't work through the software.  It would need to be all "silent".  So when the "call" or notification is placed, it would not need to pickup on speakerphone on the caller's side.

If this doesn't make sense let me know.  Barely makes sense to me.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

None of the ACs have anything similar to what you mention, you would probably need to do some custom programming to have your "emergency DN" being CTI monitored and then do anything you want to happen.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Would the CUCM Intercom feature meet this requirement?

The person raising the alarm would press an intercom button which would be autoanswered at the attendants phone. The attendant could hear what is happening at the callers end but the caller could not hear them until the attendant pushes their intercom button