cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant console

Jesse Zepeda
Level 5
Level 5

Does anybody know if AC can display caller-id name. When someone calls the phone from the outside, the phone will display "Company name" and number on the display. AC only shows the number and not the name.

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jesse,

Yes, AC is fully functional in Name and Number Display. In many cases the Telco or Service Provider does charge different fee schedules for Name & Number delivery vs simple Number-only delivery. A good place to start is with the Telco to see what information is actually being delivered. Here is a little AC clip as well;

Call Control Window

The Call Control window comprises the following two components:

Call Details pane - The line status, the directory number of the incoming call,*** the name of the person***, if available, the operator directory number, and the elapsed time display.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7282/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00800df46d.html#8728

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob I was just searching the forum and ran across your post so are you saying that Receptionist that are using Cisco Attendant console will see Caller id name and number.

The reason I ask is that this specific instance i am looking at is the Attendat phone is a Cisco 7965 and it show caller id name and number but on her Attendant console screen she never sees name or calling number.

So I know the Telco is sending it.

Thanks

I see the same, i.e. the IP phone shows name and number, but Attendant Console just shows number.

Hi

That's normal behavior with AC.

AC takes the calling name if the calling number is configured as speed dial on AC or if it is a DN on CCM directory. At least that was the behavior with CCM 4.X I believe there should have been a PER for this.

You might do a quick test adding one calling number as speed dial and see if you get the name you added for that speed dial.

Hope it helps

Pedro