Views
Helpful
Replies

attendent console

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

deal all,

we want to set up an attendent console from where the receptionist can handel, forward, see DN status, things like this can be performed. but dont know how to setup this because i m getting a bit confused on givign creating DN because my receptionist already using some X extension, want to do it on that only please instrct the steps.

Mercy

Jatin

13 Replies 13

Hello,

First of all , what is the CUCM version?

Amer

Sir if u see the tag of this post you will find the version, anyways it is CUCM 6.1.3 with active active scenario (Publisher/ Subscriber)

Ok,

Did you start with the configuration or you need to know how it can be done from scratch.

Amer

Amer..

Sir really dont have any idea about this ... if possible can you please help mi in setting up this .. like there are things which i am not able to understand .. what is Pilot point .. is this possible to configure it on any extension like my reception is 5000 ... and with the users already in database.. but those users are having x.y name format ..

Please suggest

Hello,

First of all , download the below link , this is the features and services guide for CUCM 6.1

The attendnat console checklist is on page 236

Follow it step by step , if you face a problem please post and i will help you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/cmfsgd611.html

Hope this document helps.

Amer

Thanks for the reply... but i really want to understand  how this works...i have this guide but not able to understand .. ok will give a shot .. and let u know thanks for the timely help

by the way the link u posted is incorrect ..

JAtin

Hello,

Listen

The most important thing is the Pilot , when you configure it , you will be able to use it in the hunt group , the hunt group in your case will be only for one DN , that's how it works basicly.

The Application users need to be exactly the same in the service parameter , make sure of that and associate the device with the application user .

After you finish the configuratiopn , restart the CTI Manager and attndant console service from the servicability then test.

Amer

Thanks Amer... Thanks

able to uderstand a bit .. do u have any documentation wherein i can find the step by step configuration with some explanation. Please share

Mercy..

JAtin

P.S.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console receives calls that are
made to a virtual directory number that is called a pilot point and directs calls to a list of destinations in
a hunt group. You can configure the order in which members of the hunt group receive calls and whether
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console queues calls when all attendants are busy

i was reading the documentation .. tell me this virtual number can be anything.. not when some one calls on my DID where it will ring .. then whats the use of Pilot Point .. and whta effect does this make on CDR...? becoz in my enviornment CDR is very critical element .. got multi tanent enviornment...

Hello Jatin,

The virtual could be anything , but it is the hunt piolt , when the call arrives from the PSTN through the DID , it should be translated to this virtual number before sending it to the CUCM , in this case , the pilot will check what are the hunt group numbers associated and which one is free , if there is more than one free , there something called routing option , it could be longest availble , circullar , etc... , the routing will depend on it , also there is something called queue , if all the numbers in the hunt group are busy , the system will use the queue priority to place the calls on hold until the call reaches the operator.

Hope this is clear.

For a detailed configuration , use this document "Cisco Unified Communications Manager Features and Services Guide", there is a section for the attendnat console and there is something caleed checklist table , it tells you how to configure it step by step.

Amer

Thaks Amer... u tooooo goooood... once configured will let u know .. Thanks SIR

anytime , just let me know if you have a problem with any configuration.

Please rate if the information was helpful.

Amer

Hello,

Did you manage to let it work ??

Amer

Thanks Amer..

no i am not able to do it .. totally my mistake... didnt get time to read the document .. have got weekend will try to read and implement .. thanks for the concern.. real thanks

Jatin