cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audible tone or notification when a call is dropped

Jairus C
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a disconnect tone feature on Cisco desk phones that determines if a call has already been disconnected? Is this something that can be added or configured as a feature? Thank you!

Device model: Cisco IP Phone 8861 IP Phones and Accessories Other IP Telephony

6 Replies 6

Not from what I know. Could you please explain what use case you have for such a feature?

Response Signature

Hi, Roger

Appreciate your response here.

We have a Cisco IP Phone 8861 but we're looking to check if there is a tone that will notify us if a call has already been disconnected. I know it works on mobile phones and landlines but we're wondering if this is a feature that can be configured on this specific deskphone. Thank you!

I still don’t really understand what the actual value proposition of such a thing would be. Could you please elaborate on what this would actually be used for? I mean would you not notice that the call has ended without an auditable or visual notification? I don’t think that there is something like this available and I’ve never heard of this for mobile phones or landlines.

Response Signature

Hi, Roger

My apologies for the confusion. Here's the scenario "When a call came in and I picked it up from my Cisco IP Phone 8861deskphone, I spoke with the person on the line, and if he hangs up, I should hear a sound or beeping tone indicating that the conversation has been disconnected."

I understand what you want to see happen, but still what eludes me is the value of such thing. As I wrote before would you not notice that the call has ended without this? Also as mentioned before I have not heard of such function in CM or any other phone system for that matter. I simply don’t think it’s doable in CM.

Response Signature

Hi, Roger

Got it. Thank you for your response!