cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audible tone or notification when a call is dropped

Jairus C
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a disconnect tone feature on Cisco desk phones that determines if a call has already been disconnected? Is this something that can be added or configured as a feature? Thank you!

Device model: Cisco IP Phone 8861 IP Phones and Accessories Other IP Telephony

6 Replies 6

Not from what I know. Could you please explain what use case you have for such a feature?

Response Signature

Hi, Roger

Appreciate your response here.

We have a Cisco IP Phone 8861 but we're looking to check if there is a tone that will notify us if a call has already been disconnected. I know it works on mobile phones and landlines but we're wondering if this is a feature that can be configured on this specific deskphone. Thank you!

I still donā€™t really understand what the actual value proposition of such a thing would be. Could you please elaborate on what this would actually be used for? I mean would you not notice that the call has ended without an auditable or visual notification? I donā€™t think that there is something like this available and Iā€™ve never heard of this for mobile phones or landlines.

Response Signature

Hi, Roger

My apologies for the confusion. Here's the scenario "When a call came in and I picked it up from my Cisco IP Phone 8861deskphone, I spoke with the person on the line, and if he hangs up, I should hear a sound or beeping tone indicating that the conversation has been disconnected."

I understand what you want to see happen, but still what eludes me is the value of such thing. As I wrote before would you not notice that the call has ended without this? Also as mentioned before I have not heard of such function in CM or any other phone system for that matter. I simply donā€™t think itā€™s doable in CM.

Response Signature

Hi, Roger

Got it. Thank you for your response!