cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto-Answer With Headset Not Beeping

Jay Schulze
Level 1
Level 1

So came across an odd problem where the client wanted to remove all their hard phones(7962's) and replace with IP communicator. They are agents and call is being delievered to a customized version of CTIOS. Problem is once the switch has made to IP communicator they are no longer hearing the 'zip tone' or beep to alert them before a new call is delievered. This is a default setting as I understand for the zip tone to be played when auto-answer with headset and not configurable execpt the length the tone is played.

I did see where hard phones had the same issue and upgrading firmware fixed the issue. But not applicable here I would imagine but interesting that it was a firmware issue.

CUCM version: 9.0.1.11001-1

IP comm:         8-6-2

6 Replies 6

Jay Schulze
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone seen this? Still not hearing the beeps after extending the auto-answer timer.

ttt.

Doubt this will be helpful but I wanted to throw this out there. For mobile agents to hear a connect tone, a registry setting on the PG is needed. I'm wondering if the communicator would dip into this same setting.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks Ssiltman,

You know I have never had a problem with the zip tone before it just always worked. There are no settings for it. For this particular problem they are agents. But it is happening phone to phone as well without going through UCCE.

However I do have another problem with mobile agents and the same thing . When it rains it pours. Do you happen to know which key it is on the PG?

Thank you. Very good info. That helps for that one issue. I'll have to check to make sure that key is set correctly.

I have a TAC case opened for the IP communicator zip tone issue with phone to phone. I'll be sure to post the resolution if one is found. Because I see others are having this trouble as well.

J