cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Append Area Code if User Dials a 6 digit number?

BensTechTips
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is there a way to make the 7960 append the area code to the start of the phone number if the user dials a 6 digit number only? I am in the UK, so if the user dials a 6 digit phone number it will automatically need to append a 5 digit area code.

So basically if the user dials 123456 from their phone, it will auto append the area code 12345 to make the phone dial 12345123456

I am running the phones using SIP on a Kerio Operator server (3rd party appliance).

Thanks,

Ben

7 Replies 7

jsmckinlay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ben.

Are you using the UKNP? If not then it's easy, if you are this advice may not hold true.

This is possible, but you need to make a new partition and calling search space for each STD code that your users are physically located.

Assuming you dial a 9 for an outside line, using Northampton for an example

When I did it I named a new the partion 01604_Local for example

Then you make a translation pattern in that partition that matches 9.[2-8]xxxxx this partition then drops predot and prefixes 901604

The end result of this is that a user dialling 9123456 will be translated so they dial 901604123456

You to then make a new Calling Search Space for each STD code (can copy your existing one as a template) where the users are and make sure that the 01604_Local is at the top of the list

Hope this helps

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am not using the phones on a Cisco Call Manager Infrastructure, but instead connected on SIP to a 3rd party appliance.

I assume that it is something in the dialplan.xml file which would help me rewrite the numbers

Thanks

Ben

jsmckinlay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, dialplan.xml would probably do it, if not the above should work if the translation pattern and partition are available to the inbound CSS of your sip trunk

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

jsmckinlay wrote:

Hi, dialplan.xml would probably do it, if not the above should work if the translation pattern and partition are available to the inbound CSS of your sip trunk

Again as OP mentioned twice already: no CUCM is being used, so no CUCM configuration apply.

Paolo Bevilacqua is right here, no CUCM is used, the phones are connected using SIP to a 3rd party appliance. Has anyone got any ideas?

Hello Ben,

I would search Kerio Admin guide. The phones themselves are just SIP endpoints. All the call processing (rules, dialplan, etc) is done on the Kerio.

But just a quick glance at it's Op guide. Seems pretty straight forward. Go to the Kerio Operator and go to 'dialplan'. Check page 45 on it. Tells you how to create a rule for which you are wanting to do.

http://download.kerio.com/dwn/operator/operator-2.1.2-1832/kerio-operator-adminguide-en-2.1.2-1832.pdf

Thanks Jay,

I will take a look into that now and let you know how I get on!

Thanks again,

Ben

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: