Helpful
Replies

Back ground image in 7965

I upadated the following file and images in the TFTP folder Desktops/320x212x16

Then restart TFTP and phone...

But still the background is not coming

Voice experts please comment...

25 Replies 25

Maybe....but I wouldn't be quick to declare it such.

First confirm that the images are sized correctly. Use the image properties in MS Paint. The last parameter (x4) or (x16) is indicating B&W or color density.

Second, turn on TFTP Debug logs. Use the RTMT tool to see what the phone is attempting to pull. IPC may use a totally different resolution. I really don't know.

If the files are being returned from TFTP, go into the FS logs on IPC and see what it's doing there. On a hard phone, you access these via the phone web interface. Never attempted to do it on IPC, but if you can't figure it out, post back and we'll see what we can do. I'm betting you can get to it directly via the settings button on IPC.

Yeah, Im not a fan of testing with IPC, but Im remote right now.

I was trying to read all the posts. With 7945 and 65, does the image file have to be 320x212x16 or will the default size work? 320x196x4.

I can see my TN is 80x53 pixels.

and my image file is 320x212

so I would think at least the thumb would show up...

320x212x16 is a color image. 320x196x4 is a B&W image. A 7945/65 is a color set. You need a color image sized for the set. Screen sizes are slightly different between models. Each may require a different size. The TFTP logs will tell you what resolution the phone is looking for.

If nothing is showing up, chances are that the phone can't even retrive the list.xml file. That points to a resolution/path problem. Again, look at the server TFTP logs. Search for List.xml and see what directory it's trying to pull from. That will give you the required resolution.

If the TFTP server is returning the list.xml file, but you're not getting anything, you may be having an issue related to the parsing of the file. That will show up in the FS logs on the phone. As noted in a prior post, there is an issue if you cut and paste out of the PDF doc as the character they use in the PDF file is not the correct double quote character. It's very obvious if you shell out to a dos prompt and use TYPE LIST.XML and look at the output.

my List.xml is:

FTP:Desktops/320x212x16/TN-logo.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/logo.png"/>

And I uploaded it to

/Desktops/320x212/16

>And I uploaded it to

/Desktops/320x212/16

Better check that. It should be:

/Desktops/320x212x16

Why don't you post the relevant section of the server TFTP log showing the phone attempting to pull the List.xml file?

I just saw it.

IPC wants the directory:

x93a8bc8~43~192.168.30.23~4040] File[Desktops/320x212x12/List.xml] not found|<:STANDALONE>

so it wants to use 320x212x12

So from what i gather:

320x196x4 is for BW phones like 7960, 7940, etc

320x212x12 is for IPC

320x212x16 is for 7945, 7965 and 7975, etc

create those directories and the correct List.xml for each and upload.

Mine works now. The Trace log did point out exactly what was going on.

Great.

Now if you had seen the file returned, but it still wasn't behaving, you could look at the FS logs on the phone to see why. It would point you at least at the file so you could figure out which one was having issues.

While I don't know for sure, I'm fairly confident that 7975 and other newer phones will have different resolutions as well. It will all come down to what the screen size / color depth is in pixels.

I think the only to do background images is to look at the TFTP logo for every phone model if they keep changing it. The documents are basically wrong. The only way to catch it is to look at the logs and create the correct directory.

Thanks much!!

my List.xml is:

FTP:Desktops/320x212x16/TN-logo.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/logo.png"/>

And I uploaded it to

/Desktops/320x212/16

again,

>And I uploaded it to

/Desktops/320x212/16

Better check that. It should be:

/Desktops/320x212x16

Why don't you post the relevant section of the server TFTP log showing the phone attempting to pull the List.xml file?

m.cucchi
Level 1
Level 1

For the 7965 the problem is the bit depth, you MUST

use gimp http://www.gimp.org/ for modify the image and in this case you can create a corret image.

Mspaint ... photoshpo etc NOT working.

Massimo

Rate this Post