cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic Dial Peer question

Wes Schochet
Level 3
Level 3

OK - sometimes this stuff just doesn't work like I expect it to for no apparent (to me) reason. Platform is CME.

I want to send outgoing calls to a specific number via h323 to a remote site.  I have several dial-peers, but I believe that only two are relevant to this discussion:

dial-peer voice 4 pots
description Outbound 10 digit calls
destination-pattern [2-9]..[2-9]......
port 0/0/0
forward-digits all

dial-peer voice 500 voip

description To voice mail
destination-pattern 6512221212
session target ipv4:10.22.12.12
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw

If i pick up a phone and dial 6512221212 my call is routed dial peer 4 every time.  Please help me understand why!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I assume the IP 10.22.12.12 is reachable from the local H.323 gateway. For a pots and a voip dial-peer i have not seen this problem occuring but this problem occurs for 2 voip dial-peers.  You need to give preference command to make things work in that case.

Which version of IOS are you running?

Post the output of show dialplan pattern 6512221212 from the gateway. Also post the output of debug voip dial-peer when a call is made to 6512221212.

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I assume the IP 10.22.12.12 is reachable from the local H.323 gateway. For a pots and a voip dial-peer i have not seen this problem occuring but this problem occurs for 2 voip dial-peers.  You need to give preference command to make things work in that case.

Which version of IOS are you running?

Post the output of show dialplan pattern 6512221212 from the gateway. Also post the output of debug voip dial-peer when a call is made to 6512221212.

Regards

Nitesh

I haven't done a lot of IOS dial peers, mostly CUCM.  When I have used preference before, it was always for trunk selection - it never occured to me that it would affect pattern selection.  I forget that the selection criteria is by number of positions matched, so

number 6512221212 matches pattern 6512221212 in 10 positions

and

number 6512221212 matches pattern .......... in 10 positions

It doen't seem like it should be a tie (particularly for a call manager guy like me!) but it is.

Thanks so much Nitesh!

Ya i do understand that. Happens to most of us.

Good to know that the issue has been resolved.

Mark this thread as answered if you feel this issue has been resolved just for the sake of completeness.

Regards

Nitesh