Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT in Jabber clients

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all,

is it possible to BAT in Jabber for Windows clients?  If so does someone have a link?  I was thinking that if I created one, exported it, then input the info for the new clients to that same sheet and then import I should be ok.   Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!  I rate replies.

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jabber for Windows uses CSF for the sot phone portion, so you simply use BAT to import those devices just like you would do for other phone devices. Either import using all details, or create BAT template.

Shadi Shami
Level 7
Level 7

yes you can, attaching a sample CSV file.

Thank you,

Shadi

Tshepo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Best way would be to go onto your CUCM and create one CSF Device, modify it to suite your environment and then go onto BAT in CUCM - phones -  export phones - all details - select your recently created CSF device and run.

Go into Job Scheduler and copy the Exported file onto an excel sheet, and from there you can then fill in more devices by populating rows and columns with needed details and use BAT to upload the CSV file.

Goodluck

I hope this helps.

I tried this method but the device name fails. I created one CSF manually. Then used BAT to export phones all details for CSFs. Copied it to a new *.csv with the headers and one CSF as a guide. Created new CSFs with a Device Name for each ("CSF" plus the username which is 7 characters long), copying the common parameters and inserting user-specific fields (e.g., description, user ID, owner ID, line, etc.). Then uploaded the file (as a *.csv) with the correct target. Then ... phones > insert > all details... selected the file, etc.

What I ended up with is an error message:  CSFYXXXXXXX DEVICE :: Error : A character to numeric conversion process failed

Y represents a lower case letter of the user ID and X represents a number from 0-9 of the user ID. 

Not sure what to do to get around this problem.