Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT Insert User Unique Index Error

Bringolf_John
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to insert users using the following format text file:

---------------------------- File Contents ------------------------------------------

FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, USER ID, TELEPHONE NUMBER

James, Smith, 123456, 1235551212

Bob, Williams, 123457, 1235551288

---------------------------- Rest of File Deleted --------------------------------

When I run this I get the following errors:

123456 Could not insert new row - duplicate value in a UNIQUE INDEX column.

123457 Could not insert new row - duplicate value in a UNIQUE INDEX column.

They look unique to me, is there someting I am missing.

Want to add users so they are in the CM Directory, not to log in or control phones, etc.

Thanks JB

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jb,

Ensure users 123456 and 123457 are not already defined in CUCM as users.

Chris

Thanks, I have. The system only has 5 users at this time and the file I've vreate is only a test - trying to add 5 more. Definitely not any with the same User ID's Last name, first name or number.

Does your file actually have all those spaces in there? Everything has a leading space? You wouldn't normally do that, perhaps that's throwing things off..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Actually no - that was my typing from one system to this posting. There are no spaces:

Example: James,Smith,123456,1235551212

Sorry for the confusing post and thanks for the reply.

Anyone have any more ideas. Still cannot get this to work.

Hello John.

Did you manage to get this issue solved?  I´m facing the same problem right now.

Thanks.

Daniel.

In case it could be useful for someone:

I could not import the users as the exported file was missing the PKID value for each record.  I extracted the PKIDs with command "run sql select pkid,userid from enduser" and added them to the exportd file (suggested by Cisco TAC). Then the users exported in CUCM 5.1 could be exported to CUCM 8.6

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: