Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6000 migration from UC560

d4rr0nl3gn0n
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am migrating from UC560 series CME to BE6000M chassis. Do I really need a 2900/3900/4300 ISR series router to only manage 25 phones with voicemail and huntgroups/IVR? I'm only using SIP trunks for ITSP and don't need any FXO/FXS ports at this time and we only have one location.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No idea what you're doing here, you say you're migrating to a BE6K, which runs CUCM, IM&P, CUC, etc.

And then ask if you need an ISR for the phones, VM, IVR??? Which would be CME and CUE

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'm inquiring if I am only running the BE6000 for 25 phones & AA system for a small business directly connected to a SIP trunk from our ITSP do I really need a ISR/CUBE to make it work if i don't have a FXS/FXO requirement?

Hi there

If you are using BE6000, you will have to use ISRs for PSTN connectivity since the BE6K is server based. You can use BE4000 instead

More info

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/business-edition-4000/datasheet-c78-738497.html

●  The Cisco BE4000 is a dedicated voice appliance that provides essential IP telephony and voicemail services. It comes in a compact, small-footprint form factor
●  If required, simply choose the Cisco network interface module you need to connect to the public switched telephone network (PSTN). Select up to two, choosing from PRI, BRI, FXS, and FXO
●  Alternatively, the BE4000 supports SIP trunking, to enable you to connect to an IP PSTN service from your preferred VoIP service provider

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

I'm  not using any PSTN services only SIP Trunk.