Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6000 Paging setup

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , 

Anyone here successfully setup paging on BE6000 (CUCM )  ?? 

I have been informed that a third party software  "single wire informa cast" need to be installed on VMWare , and will be supported only on version 7.0 and above . Surprised that basic features like paging not included on CUCM natively . Can anyone clarify ?

Claudion.com

2 Replies 2

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

I do this all the time as part of deployments but it is informacast.

Paging is not supported in CUCM without the informacast.  

What do you need to accomplish with paging?

Often I find some small customer can get away with intercoms and or directory numbers that auto answer when called but this is not true paging.

Informacast is a great product and is free with CUCM.  If you need to the advance features of informacast you need to pay, but basic paging is free.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Basic paging from single wire is a free application you can add to your deployment, which scales to I believe recipient groups of 50 devices.  Informacast is very easy to install and configure and provides great features, if you need more advanced features beyond the free version or more scalability you can purchase full version which is not that expensive.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: