cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BIB recording and QM 8.5

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all. I am looking at implementing BIB recording to QM 8.5 and have a few questions. I was utilizing remote span recording and all was well with that until a recent upgrade that put an intermediate switch in between my 3750's that does not support SPAN sessions. This has me looking into BIB network recording but I want to make sure I understand the concept. Does this only create multiple packets for the SCCP and RTP packets or does it duplicate everything on the phone port? I currently have 7945 and 7965 phones that have PC's attached as well so I just want to understand what traffic is going to be mirrored using the built in bridge function.

Thanks,

Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It only replicates the RTP packets to the configured destination defined via the Monitoring/recording CSS on the DN.

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It only replicates the RTP packets to the configured destination defined via the Monitoring/recording CSS on the DN.

Chris

Thanks for the clarification on this Chris. I have moved all my phones over to network recording and all is working as expected. I do see only the RTP packets in wireshark. Thanks again!