cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BLF without SIP URI

tlit_SH
Level 1
Level 1

Our client has a mixed environment of Cisco 8861-39CC phones and some polycom devices, as well.  They use Unified Office to manage their phones.

Recently, we were tasked with configuring their Cisco phones with BLF - and, we've hit a bit of a snag.  There is nothing listed in the SIP URI field.  Not sure if that's the problem (assuming it is, but I know less than Jon Snow about Cisco phones), but here's what we have:

Test Phone:

Extension = 500

UserID = 500001

Proxy = unified.office.server:port

Voice > Phone > Line Key 2:

Extension: Disabled

Short Name: $USER

Share Call Appearance: Private

Extended Function = fnc=blf+spd+cp;sub=500001@unified.office.server;ext=469@unified.office.server;nme=Steve 1

Voice > Phone > Line Key 3:

Extension: Disabled

Short Name: $USER

Share Call Appearance: Private

Extended Function = fnc=blf+spd+cp;sub=500001@$PROXY;ext=468@$PROXY;nme=Steve 2

The result:

The lights on the buttons next to 'Steve 1' and 'Steve 2' just blink all day.

So, rather than waste any more time - I figured I'd check to see if it's even possible without having something in the SIP URI field.  Thanks in advance for any help.

17 Replies 17

You beautiful, beautiful genius, you!!

I am 5% ashamed of how I didn't even try that on a whim.  And 95% relieved beyond understanding.

It would be really nice if Cisco could correct their documentation to reflect your answer. Currently the documentation is WRONG. I wasted 2 days troubleshooting this until I saw your accepted post, so thank you for that. 

I tested your answer and simplified the template to display BLF on the CP-88xx series like so:

<Extended_Function_n_>fnc=blf;sub=watched-phone@server;nme=Name to appear on display</Extended_Function_n_>

The "ext=" term is not even needed, despite what the documentation claims.

Otherwise, the 8800 series are really nice phones.

Try this as well:

fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub=466001@$PROXY;ext=466001@$PROXY;nme=John D.