Views
Helpful
Replies

Block incoming calls to a Shared line on some phones

Youssef BETTAR
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a shared line configured on 4 phones and i would like to block incoming calls on one off my phones or apply DND just for this line (all phones are using multiples lines). as you know if DND is activated the can't ringing for all incoming calls on all lines.

can you help us to resolve this issue.

Best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Youssef,

In that case a Hunt Pilot would work perfectly.  You will need to create a new Softkey Template including the HLOG button and assign that template to the four phones.  Create the Line Group and assign the four phones to it, then the Hunt List and Hunt Pilot.  Then, when the user wants to block calls from the main number they press the HLOG key to log them out of the Line Group, when they want to take calls they press the HLOG button again and they will be logged back into the Line Group.

Let me know if you need any more detail.

Thanks
Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Robert Shaw
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Can I ask the reason for assigning 4 phones the same number?  Would it be possible to create a Hunt Pilot with the number that needs to be shared and assign the required phones to the associated Line Group.  You will have a great deal more control over which phones receive calls on that number.  If the same number needs to be presented on outbound calls, you can either set the External Phone Number Mask to the same number on all 4 phones.  If you are using SRST, it may be better to create a Translation Rule to change the Calling Party number on the Gateway so that it behaves the same in SRST.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Robert

Thank you for your answer, the end user want to block manualy the incoming call when he want and reactivate it by pressing a single button on each phone.

regards.

Hi Youssef,

In that case a Hunt Pilot would work perfectly.  You will need to create a new Softkey Template including the HLOG button and assign that template to the four phones.  Create the Line Group and assign the four phones to it, then the Hunt List and Hunt Pilot.  Then, when the user wants to block calls from the main number they press the HLOG key to log them out of the Line Group, when they want to take calls they press the HLOG button again and they will be logged back into the Line Group.

Let me know if you need any more detail.

Thanks
Rob

Hi Robert

Thank you very much for your support, i have created the Hunt Pilot and configured a soft key template with HLog, it works fine.

best regards.