Views
Helpful
Replies

Boot up problem Cisco IP phone 9951

Nizam.Ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Technical experts,

I need help about the exact reason of not booting of IP phone 9951. Blue screen is appeared and is not progressing after loading cisco image.

Have there any log of the IP phone. If yes how can collect the log.

Please help me to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This might need a factory reset if the phone is stuck on Cisco logo. Please try the following steps if not tried already:

Step 1 While powering up the phone, press and hold #.

Step 2 When the light on the mute button and handset light strip turns off and all other lights (line button, headset button, speakerphone button and select button) stay green, press 123456789*0# in sequence.

When you press 1, the lights on the line buttons turn red. The light on the select button flash when a button is pressed.

If you press the buttons out of sequence, the lights on the line button, headset button, speakerphone button, and select button turn green. You will need to start over and press 123456789*0# in sequence again.

After you press these buttons, the phone goes through the factory reset process.

Do not power down the phone until it completes the factory reset process, and the main screen appears.

HTH

Manish

Thanks Manish for your reply.

I've done it (factory reset) successfully. But this problem is occurring often. I would like to know the actual reason as well as solution (with out factory reset) regarding this problem to minimize the disturbing service of our customer.

Thanks and regards

Nizam Ahmed

Hi , what version of firmware are you running.Had a lot of issues with 9-4-1-9 , use 9-3-2 or 9-4-2,

cheers

mark

Did you configure a line on the phone?

I had a similar issue that my 89xx phone were not doing anything until I figured out that a SIP phone must have a line configured to register successfully.

Eike

Dear Eike,

Please find the attachment.

Do you mean this line configuration of phone? If "no", would you clarify me in details..

thanks for your response.

Nizam

Hi Nizam

Yes this is the line I mean. Try it out.

Eike

HI Eike

The line is configured to the phone. I clarify you that phone is working properly but sometime the problem occurred and it stuck after powered up. Then it becomes good after factory reset. It looks odd if this phone comes back with this problem from our customer.

So I need the exact solution and as well as to know the reasons for this problem to avoid this problem.

thanks

Nizam

Well if you have this problem since it came back from a customer I just can guess. Either flash memory is somehow defect or the firmware is odd. 

Do you upgraded the phone already to the latest version?

When the same problem occur on different CUCM Servers I would say it is broken and not related to CUCM or something else.

Eike