Views
Helpful
Replies

Branch office CME Sip Trunk Recommendations

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Voice Gurus,

This is more a design question for the VOIP savvy. We have a new branch office with about a dozen users being deployed in a few months. We are thinking of going the CME route on a 2900 router with L2L VPN capability. Our cooperate office is running CUCM version 6.X

This branch office is out of town and we are thinking of having local POTS lines but, I'm curious on what the recommendation is for calls back to the cooperate office? I've never dealt with SIP trunks before and I know that there are SIP Trunks that are trunk providers and that if I'm correct  SIP trunks that you can create between your cooperate office and branch office via site to site VPN's

Would this be the correct route to go? Any caveats that I need to know about? Since the WAN link is pricey I would imagine that we up our bandwidth from our ISP to compensate for lack of QOS going out the Internet?

Thanks,

Dan                  

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, it can be done the way you described, except that L2 VPN is not needed and should be avoided to keep good routed design.

You will need an UC certfied Cisco partner to have it implemented, or a person of equivalent expereince and knowledge. That is the best way to achive quick and consistant results.

Thanks Paolo,

I was hoping to tackle this myself. Any guides that you know of that explain CUCM SIP trunk implementations with CME?

Thanks for you help,

Dan