Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk add hunt pilots, hunt list and line groups

Is it possible to bulk add hunt pilots, hunt list and line groups? Either via spreadsheet or programmatically. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

By the look of this you probably used the check dependency option in the export. You don’t need to do that as long as you know what configuration items you would need to import to achieve your end goal. In your case that would be these lines.

CCM : master-10.5.2.12901-1.i386
File : linegroup
File : huntlist
File : huntpilot

You would need to be sure that the order of these lines are in the order of how you’d would  configure this in the webUI. From experience you can not count on the export file to be accurate in this. In CM this is the order you'd do this.
Snag_feec12.png

Response Signature

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

With axl script you can.

In GitHub u will  find the basic script to connect with CUCM using axl.

refer the axl guide in DevNet portal and you can build your own script. 

Response Signature

Its possible to do that with the import function of bulk admin. Do an export of these configuration items to get the format of the files for these and update the files with the new configuration. Then upload the new tar file to import the configuration.

Response Signature

So do you have

to import the entire file or just a file with the new HP?

if there is no hunt group configured create a sample Hunt and export it. Export file will be in tar format. modify the CSV files and  import it using bat. i have attached a tar file sample exported from my lab.

Response Signature

I`ll test this, I have many Hunts already in place, just wanted to make sure not to overwrite them and if I could export and then just import only the new one or export and add new and import all again.

Yes that’s is possible. You would use the export to get the correct format of the csv files in the tar file. Use this sequence to achieve what you want to do.

• Do the export and select to include the options that is applicable.
  • Download the resulting export file from CM.
  • Unpack the tar file. Recommend you to use 7-zip for this.
  • Open the three csv files in either a text editor or in Excel. What you select to use would depend on how many changes you would want to do. For text editor I recommend Notepad++.
  • Edit the files as needed. Remove or alter the lines of already present configuration to either create new items or not change already available configuration.
  • Save the files as the same format, aka csv.
  • Copy the tar file and name it with a name so you know it’s intended for import. The name as such is not important, it’s just to distinguish it from the export file.
  • Open the import file with 7-zip and drag and drop the edited csv files into it.
  • Upload the new tar file as an import file into CM.
  • Run a bulk update job to validate the import tar file.
  • If cleared by validation run a import task and select the configuration items to import. You would also get the option to if wanted update present configuration.
  • Check the outcome of the bulk task. If there are any errors check what went wrong and try to figure out what is needed to correct it.

That should be pretty much what you would need to do.

Bonus information, there is a header text file in the tar file and the order of lines in that will influence the order of operation for the import. Make sure that it’s in the proper order for how you would configure this in CM admin webUI.

Response Signature

Thanks I`ll give this a try tomorrow. It looks like I have to include the header file which on export included a lot of dependency files, hoping I can edit the header file to include only the HP HL and Line Group files with new entries.

File : phone
File : gateway
File : deviceprofile
File : directorynumber
File : voicemailport
File : callmanagergroup
File : ctiroutepoint
File : partition
File : rdp
File : routefilter
File : aargroup
File : callpickupgroup
File : css

By the look of this you probably used the check dependency option in the export. You don’t need to do that as long as you know what configuration items you would need to import to achieve your end goal. In your case that would be these lines.

You would need to be sure that the order of these lines are in the order of how you’d would  configure this in the webUI. From experience you can not count on the export file to be accurate in this. In CM this is the order you'd do this.
Snag_feec12.png

Response Signature