cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy or Any tone different than ring tone when first line is busy

karthikeyanm
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to play congestion/busy/any other tone to the caller when the callee is speaking on another line on same phone?

Update: While playing busy/congestion/any other tone to the caller the call have to ring in second line on receiving party.

Phones are 7942, 6901 and 7911.

CUCMBE 8.0.3

-HTH Karthik.
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, set the busy trigger on each DN to "1" - from it's default of (I think) 2. This will cause the 2nd call to be treated as busy, and it will be subjected to the Call Forward Busy trigger for that DN.

HTH. Barry

View solution in original post

We do not provide that capability, if the line can receive a call and will ring, the calling party will hear the ring tone.

The other option is to decrease the busy trigger so that if he's the N+1 call he'll get either busy tone or use CFB.

Those are the only two behaviors you can configure.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, set the busy trigger on each DN to "1" - from it's default of (I think) 2. This will cause the 2nd call to be treated as busy, and it will be subjected to the Call Forward Busy trigger for that DN.

HTH. Barry

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried that already.

I am sorry. I was not clear in my question. I need to play congestion tone to the caller while the call is ringing on second line of the receiving party. The settings you suggested is playing busy and not sending calls to the receiving party. Is there any way to do it?

-HTH Karthik.

We do not provide that capability, if the line can receive a call and will ring, the calling party will hear the ring tone.

The other option is to decrease the busy trigger so that if he's the N+1 call he'll get either busy tone or use CFB.

Those are the only two behaviors you can configure.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks for your reply. My customer expect feature like this, which is avail in GSM network.

-HTH Karthik.

It is not possible, and i think this feature is not available in the GSM Networks also, when you are using multiple SIM's mobile handsets you can able to identify this.

Its even available in single sim handset in mobile networks. When Call waiting is enabled and you are busy, the caller will hear other than ring tone.

-HTH Karthik.

Hello there..

Wondering if this is still true?

There's no way to provide a different ringback tone to the calling party when the called is on a call?

Regards.

Same answer holds true to the day.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi all,

still are we having that limitation of Cisco to get ring tone while same line is busy with another call or any solution is implemented in new versions of CUCM ????

Thanks and regards,

Vatandeep singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: